- Input from Artist and/or Management; including all budgeting and logistical factors
- Initial design submissions – typically up to three different design versions are submitted for review to the Artist and/or Management
- Design choice by Artist and/or Management
- Revise and submit final design
- Create equipment manifest and build paperwork
- Price/bid out the design
- Choose vendor and review specifications with them
- Spot check initial system build
- Show/Tour programming
Because of the amount of time involved in the design process, I do charge a design fee that covers all of the items listed above. Design fees are negotiated before the design process and vary based on several factors including: size of the tour, time frame to complete design, amount of days programming, etc.
I proudly use WYSIWYG for all of my design projects. It allows my clients to see a detailed rendering of what the production will look like.